Day 69 – 72

IMG_20181030_195656213So I am still not going to the school! I am not happy about it but I can understand what my parents and the doctor is trying to do by keeping me home and protected. I am trying my best to keep myself up to date with the course work but it is hard when you are not in the class. 5th grade is supposed be so exciting since it has many activities, clubs, music instrument and science experiments but I am missing out on everything. I will be so lost when I go to school now since everyone will be so ahead of me. Hmm..that does not make me happy.

I went to hospital on Monday and found out that my blood count is still low so they cannot start the second month of my chemo. My ANC is only 460 and it needs to be 750 for them to start it. I did not feel good that day and threw up in the hospital. Blood work showed my glucose was low so they had to give me IV glucose and dietitian told me to make sure to eat well in the morning. They also gave me some different medication to take first thing in the morning to make me feel better. Now I have to go again to hospital on Thursday to get checked up for my blood work to start the treatment.

Last evening, my mom and I were looking into the book called Wonders of the world. It was so much fun!! We were trying to decide when will be the best time to make the trips to explore them. We want my treatment to be in maintenance phase and my little brother to be little older so that we can really enjoy them. I have been feeling little better last couple days so I am able to enjoy things. The best part is I get to sleep with daddy sometimes when I am not feeling good. He is always there for me!

One of my teacher came home today to give me the home instructions which was so cool! I feel I learnt a lot in math and science. We are trying to get the robot thing approved in school so I can virtually participate in the class but it is taking too long. My other teacher is coming on Thursday and I cannot wait to learn from him.

I am going to miss Halloween in my new school tomorrow…I am little sad about it. I am not sure if I will be allowed to go out for trick or treating. Well I will be handing out the candies then!!

11 thoughts on “Day 69 – 72

1. Aruna October 30, 2018 / 11:48 pm

hi
    how r u doing these days. now u r looking handsome in picture . be strong n positive . u will besucceed in every phase of life
    love u so much
    nani n nanu .

• Arjun November 15, 2018 / 1:21 pm

Thank you nani and nanu, I know I will succeed in every phase. I love you too.

2. Sona November 1, 2018 / 5:10 pm

Hi Arjun,

Through news Page, I knew about your current suitation.

I am praying to God, you will heal by the blood of Jesus Christ.

Be in faith, turn your eyes towards God ,If It is God”s will , you will be back to normal like other kids.

Who was blind can see it , who was dead Jesus raised him from death.

Don’t belive Doctor”s report, turn your hope towards God.

God Loves you !!! He never forsake you!!

3. Liam Bonifas November 2, 2018 / 7:13 am

Hang in there Arjun! We miss you terribly, but know you’ll be back in action and better than ever soon!

• Arjun November 15, 2018 / 1:22 pm

Thanks Liam, I know I will hang in there and fight it till the end. I will play hockey in no time.

4. Eddie November 2, 2018 / 9:38 am

I hope you feel so much better!

• Arjun November 15, 2018 / 1:23 pm

Thank you Eddie!!

5. Bridget Cunnane November 2, 2018 / 6:39 pm

Hi Arjun!
    Just wanted to check in and tell you that we’re thinking of you here at AMS! We saw the awesome balloons on your front lawn – simply amazing! I love following your blog and see how you’re doing. You have a fantastic attitude and are such a fighter!

Love,
    Mrs. Cunnane

• Arjun November 15, 2018 / 1:24 pm

Thank you Mrs. Cunnane, I still remember when you taught me science!! I know I will be back to normal in no time.

6. Sarah Bryan-Ashwell November 2, 2018 / 7:32 pm

Hi Arjun!

I’m so happy I was able to see you this last week! I’m looking forward seeing you again! I’m hoping we can plan a science project together.

Hope you enjoyed Halloween!

Thinking of you,